Several times a week we get calls from people wanting to become a fighter, wanting to pursue their dream. Here is quick outline of what you need to do to get on the team, and on the road to competing.
You first are expected to join Open Gym for $30 and get your body in the gym to start working on your stamina. Your first step of dedication begins with you showing up on your own and doing your own workout, we have workout guidelines posted in the gym for you to follow, to help assist you. Boxing is 80% conditioning, so you really need to get your stamina up to speed. The first couple weeks tells me a lot about your work ethics and demeanor, and if you would be a good fit for the team.
If for some reason you are behind quite a bit in your skill level, it is strongly suggested you do 1 month of personal training with a coach for $140. This will get you where I need for you to be, as I do not have the time to teach the very beginning boxing basics to you.
I always say, “I would rather train a fighter with a deterrmined heart and drive as opposed to a natural skilled guy whom is lazy.”
Team fees are $50 per month (cash or credit/debit card accepted)
- You must have your own boxing gloves and handwraps.
- You must have your own headgear and groin protector at the end of 30 days.
- First rule, just like football, you miss a couple of practices, you are kicked off the team.
- Practice is three times per week with me for hands-on training.
Times are: Tuesday 6:00pm, Thursday 6:00pm, and Saturday 11:00am. You are also expected to come in 1-2 more extra days on your own. On your off days, you are welcome to come to the gym as much as you wish!
- It is required you keep up with your roadwork outside of the gym. You must be able to run 1 mile under 7 minutes.
- Even though you might not yet be ready to fight, you must come to the smokers/competitions to support your teammates.
You will be driven hard
- To fight under IronGloves name you must represent us well.
- I want to assure you can defend yourself properly in the ring, avoiding any possible injury.
- You will pretty much have to spar within the first two weeks of you joining the team. Under 18 years old, your parent consent is required.
For more details, stop in to talk anytime. Feel free to come and watch the sparring.
USA Amateur Boxing Arizona Fights <–click to view calendar for upcoming fights.
TRAIN LIKE YOU FIGHT – FIGHT LIKE YOU TRAIN